Pages

Wednesday 26 September 2018

Cross Country

 WALT: to write a recount
Have you ever run 3km? Well last Friday me and my school
did cross country. Cross Country is a event that we do every
year. It is the scariest event I’ve ever done. Cross country was
not easy. Everybody got nervous on the day. I have always
been scared of cross country for no reason all we are doing
is just running.So when we had to get changed I got so nervous,
I didn’t even want to run. So as we walked down to the courts
I heard some music, and everyone was just shouting.
About 20 minutes later the event got to the year 7 girls.
I was thinking “wow that was so fast.”


As Mrs Nua told us to stand I felt like I was gonna die for some
reason. So as we lined up across the starting line Mr. Burt said
get set. Then as Mr Burt clapped everybody started and I just
see everybody sprinting for some reason. I started sprinting
because If I would have been jogging I would come last. When
I got to the muddy part through the gate I got tired because I had
to pull my legs right out.In the middle of the race I was out of breath
so fast. I thought it would be easy, but it was not. I had thought of a
tactic, it was to just take little steps that were neither too fast, nor too
slow. As we got to the second lap a lot of people people were getting past me.
I did not let them get any further than me so I started to sprint for a little while.
As soon as I got about 10 metres past them, I start to walk for a short
extent of time, and then we are nearly at the finish line.


I got past the gate and my uncle told me to sprint to the
finish line, So when I got past the gate ran my hardest
even though I was so exhausted. So as I ran I can see
from the corner of my eye that it looked like Jaylim, my
friend was sprinting for his life. I tried to keep up the
sprint but I couldn't go any further. I felt like my legs
were about to break, So, I started to slow down as
I got closer to the finish line and when I finally got to
the finish line Jaylim came at the same time as I did.

After that I Walked over to grab a water bottle.
I felt so good after that 3km race. I laid down
on the grass to rest. Then Mrs. Tele’a said that
that was the fastest cross country we have ever done.
I thought to myself “That took so long” but It was actually pretty fast.

Task Description: Last Friday we had our school cross country. We had to recount was we did, or felt at cross country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.